3.06.2009

For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as it the LORD our God whenever we call on Him? Or what great nation is there that has statutes and judgements as righteous as this whole law which I am setting before you today? Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons. Deut. 4:7-9

Sisters, this is our LORD! The one who is near to us, the covenant keeping God of all creation who is near to us as we call upon Him in prayer! Read how in this passage of scripture the Lord puts together how near He is to us, His people, with the charge to keep our souls diligently so as to not forget the things which our eyes have seen that they would not depart from our hearts all the days of our lives, and then He lovingly leads us into making them known to our children and grandchildren. What a blessing. The Lord is available to us whenever we call upon His name, His availability is simple because of the blood of the Lamb.

One of my favorite prayers came from the mouth of Daniel, "O my God, incline Your ear and hear! Open your eyes and see our desolations and the city which is called by Your name; for we are not presenting our supplications before You on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion. O Lord hear! O Lord forgive! O Lord, listen and take action! For Your own sake, O my God, do not delay, because Your city and Your people are called by Your name." Daniel 9:18-19 (emphasis mine)

See, we are a great nation and have righteous judgements and statues because of HIM! Who God is. We are to keep our souls diligently and draw near to God because of who He is, not because of anything we have done! We're to watch over our hearts with all diligence and not let God's words depart from our eyes so that when our dear sisters come to us in complete despair and ready to give up on their marriages, or at their wits end with their children and have no idea what to do next, we can lovingly rest in the arms of Jesus with them. We can point each other to His word and comfort one another with it. We can cry out to God in full confidence praying His word back to Him and trusting in His perfect will, because He HEARS us! The sweet words in Deuteronomy must bless your soul. God has given us an identity..we are HIS people. He has put His Name on our souls! God didn't just put His name on us without cost, He willingly laid down the life of His Son so that you and I may call upon His name, and name it as our own!

I'm completely humbled that the Lord Himself hears my prayers and I am utterly amazed at God's perfection. The more I learn of the Lord and the more I seek Him in His word the more I realize my need for Him is so much more than my finite mind can grasp. The more I see who He is revealed in the sweet pages of Scripture the more I realize....I know nothing, and can not even begin to fathom the richness of our God. He truly is matchless.

Cry out to God, seek Him in prayer and in His beautiful word. He is an amazing and awesome God who LOVES us! I know myself, and I know my own sins and to know that my God accepts me and loves me is utterly amazing. Sometimes I get upset with my children when they continue to disobey, and I'm short or lose my cool and do not honor God in my parenting, and most every time the Lord sweetly whispers to my soul, but Brittany...you too continue to disobey, and I am here passionately pursuing your heart day after day, and drawing you near to Myself, picking you up when you fall and keeping our relationship right all because of Jesus!

God refines us sisters, He seeks after our hearts and pursues us and changes us daily. It's His unfathomable kindness that leads our hearts to repentance (Romans 2:4) and allows us to see ourselves for who we really are, unrighteous sinners in desperate need of a Savior (Romans 3:10). Whether He is using your children's disobedience or obedience or your relationship with your spouse...or a friend or whomever or whatever He chooses...God is after your heart! So keep your heart and soul diligently sisters! Keep watch over yourself...encourage yourself with the Word of God and pursue Him in prayer...and then turn around and make known to your children and grandchildren what the Lord has done in your life.

To God be the glory!!

"but I discipline my body, and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself may not be disqualified." 1 Cor 9:27 Let us discipline ourselves that we may teach our children, and live in a manner worthy of the gospel (phil1:27) and then in personal relationship with God continue on as His student to His glory!

No comments: