9.28.2011

Say What?

Have you ever been at a loss for words? I get that way frequently (yeah if you know me well...you may wonder why I say that..) There are times, where I just draw a blank as to what to say to encourage others, or how to pray for others...or myself. As I was reading through Jeremiah again today, I was just so comforted by this passage. Honestly, I may be somewhat of a boring person. I'm not overly creative. I don't have a ton of "things" going on in my life. I love my husband, I'm thankful for my kids, and I treasure the precious friends the Lord has provided. I don't have a breath taking home, nor do I have unlimited cash...but...bottom line, by His grace, I've got Jesus! Period.


"Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD." Jeremiah 9:23-24

I don't pretend to fully know the Lord, His word or His commands. I don't know that any of us will this side of heaven. I do know the Lord is beyond my comprehension, His depth is something I am not capable of grasping. His grace far beyond measure and His love...PERFECT!!!

As I read this word this morning, I just thought, how often we get so excited about a new car, a new house...new clothes...new new new. Anything new....we get excited and call a few friends...or put it in our facebook status to alert the whole world of our latest thing.

I am encouraged greatly by the number of friends I have sharing scripture on their facebook status...or in their blogs, or writing emails Praising God, sending texts....being old school and picking up the telephone to actually 'speak' it. It blesses my soul and refreshes my heart in Christ!!! If you do it, KEEP it up! If you don't...consider sharing what the Lord has shown you...He will use His word to bless others!!

Boast in this verse means: "to shine, to flash forth light" and/or "to praise, to be made praiseworthy."

Dear friends His word, His loving-kindness, His grace...all of Him and what He does is praiseworthy. Share, share what Jesus is teaching you, chances are...one of us fellow believers just might need to hear it as well. Flash forth the light of His word and His grace in your life...it will bring glory to Him and bless others!!

After all,

"...but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns R309 and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;" Ephesians 5:19-20

and

"Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God." Col. 3:16

So go ahead, get a little boastful...in the Lord!! Magnify what He is doing in your life, share His grace!!! Speak His word to your friends...it's worth it!!

No comments: