10.16.2012

A few more creaks and creases...

So, it's not a huge secret...I wear them on my face...the tiny wrinkles that surround my eyes. They've replaced the fresh smooth skin of my youth.

It's totally okay with me. Honestly, the most amazing and beautiful woman I ever knew went to be with Jesus with a face full of wrinkles.

But it is easy to look in the mirror and get discouraged. Sometimes I wonder if my husband cares about my wrinkled eyes. Although he always says I get better with age...

When I walk up the stairs my knees kind of sound like wrenches. Seriously. They don't hurt they just don't sound "new." I've definitely put some miles on them!

But today I was reading in 2 Corinthians and my heart was so refreshed by this word...


"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16.

Why am I encouraged? Not because I've got louder knees than I used to or the tiny wrinkles that surround my eyes are any less visible...but rather because God's word is true..and in His amazing grace He renews my heart afresh each day in His word, through prayer and just because of who He is!

I hope this blesses your heart as it does mine. As the years pass and our outer bodies deteriorate God absolutely renews our heats and minds daily as we seek Him! I'm so blessed by Psalm 19:7-11

"The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple;
the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward."

His truth, His word...this is my
Hope! This is where my heart runs when trouble lurks when doubts come..when life overwhelms...this is the comfort I soak in, His unfailing word, glorious truth....unsurpassable strength.

I am so thankful for my Redeemer!!


No comments: