2.03.2013

Boldness

I've been reading through Exodus lately and as always The Lord is cultivating something fresh and new in my heart. I am so blessed, His word is so beautiful, powerful and transforming. I wonder...why do we as Christians expect anything less? This is the God of the universe! Of course His word is powerful!

As I've been watching the conversations that Moses had with my God as the Israelites were wondering I have honestly felt like I am there. His word is alive!!!

Moses amazes me. He was a very bold man. Which is funny because in Exodus chapter four he basically tells God that he can't speak. He's just not that eloquent and needs help (ex 4:10). Fast forward towards the end of the book of Exodus and it's very obvious we see a man who has grown quite a bit in his relationship with The Lord.

This morning I could not stop reading and researching this verse....for many reasons...but first read the verse:


"Now therefore, if I have found favor in your sight, please show me now your ways, that I may know you in order to find favor in your sight. Consider too that this nation is your people." Ex 33:13


Okay, can you imagine the boldness before The Lord? Just boldly...show me your ways that I may know you in order to find favor in your sight.

Moses is cool. Yup. I said it. I'm amazed. He starts off "if I have found favor.....teach me...show me...lead me....that I may find more favor!"

Moses knows God. He knows that The Lord has so much more to pour out on his people...sometimes we just aren't prepared to receive it. So Moses asks The Lord....show me your ways...he wants to really KNOW The Lord! Know means " to know by experience."

How many of us would just love to experience God? Yet so many things hold us back? Many things can hold
Us back but I believe it mostly comes down to fear and various sins in our lives....at least for me.

Moses was unashamedly asking The Lord....I want to be shown your ways that I may know you by experience!

Oh that my prayers would be that bold! That I would confidently approach The Lord because of the blood of Christ and ask Him to show me His ways..in every situation! Oh how I need to pause more in the midst and pray! I need The Lord to guide my moves, my decisions...oh how I need to be in prayer much more fervently than I am now!

We need to boldly come before The Lord asking that He would pour out His favor upon us and show us His ways....that we would know Him. Think about how easy it is to talk about your kids to someone...it's because you know them. But talking about The Lord to others is sometimes hard. We need to know him so well that when opportunity arises to talk about him to others it literally spills out of our hearts and mouths!!

No comments: