1.10.2010

Hallelujah, He Sent out His Word!!!

I've been meditating on how the Lord's truth rescues me. I don't want to get past His word and the importance of it in my life. This morning during worship at our church, there was this Word on our screens:

"He sent out His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction." Psalm 107:20

I just felt my heart leap, this is it!! This is how His truth rescues me! As believers we must embrace the utmost importance of delving into the word of God. Oh how I love this verse, He sent! Sent, in the original text can be translated, "to let loose" or "to shoot forth" Hallelujah!!! God in His infinite mercy allows us to have His WRITTEN word!! The power of God's word is unfathomable, the depths of the riches of Christ are "contained" in it!! (I use that loosely as we know that Christ Himself can not be contained)

How does He heal us with His word? He heals my sin with His word. He uses His word to be my "mirror," my standard by which I am to live and as I am continually in His word I find that I am far more sinful than I ever could have imagined and His holiness surpasses even the deepest realm of my finite comprehension. All the while I am enveloped by His love, which knows NO limit! ("Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13). God wants to heal me from my sin, I know that I am not perfect and never will be this side of heaven, and I know that just because I resolve to not sin does not mean I will live a sinless life. We can not be perfect on this earth. However we can trust that God will use His word in our hearts and lives to draw out sin, to show us the biblical response to that sin (repentance) and He will show us what a new creation in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17) looks like. He will show us in and through His word how we are "to put aside our old self and its' evil practices and put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created us." Col. 3:9-10

"As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me." Psalm 40:11

As we follow Christ together, I urge you, if you do not have a plan for reading through God's word on a daily basis, start one today!!! I will share this one with you, so simple and I take no credit for it. I heard about it from one of our elders at church. Read the Psalm of the day (like today is the 10th, so Psalm 10) and then add 30, until you read 5. Today you would read, Psalms 10, 40, 70, 100 and 130. Then add the proverb of the day, if that's not too overwhelming. This simple plan will take you through the entire book of Psalm in one month. But what you will find even more than reading through a complete book in one month, is that the Lord will captivate your heart and soul with Who He IS! He will draw you closer to Himself and will teach you great and unsearchable things you do not know (Jeremiah 33:3). God will transform your heart as you pursue Him in His word.

"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 Let us ask God to have a heart to seek Him continually!

"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God ! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!" Romans 11:33 Let us pray together for one another to be transformed by His truth!!

No comments: