4.28.2011

There are mornings when in the word before the Lord in the quietness of our home I am utterly amazed at His grace. The depths of which my mInd can not fathom. Every time I think I somewhat grasp the grace of God, He opens the eyes of my heart to His word even more. Read Psalm 71:6,14, 17-18:

"Upon you I have leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of you."

"But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more."

"O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come."

I kept thinking of how the Lord keeps us and draws us to Himself even before we know it and can recognize it. Looking back on my life before Christ, I can see His grace throughout each moment and yet I did not praise Him for His goodness and grace because in my unsaved heart I had no idea who He was, and yet He continued His mercies towards me and on June 5th of 1995 He saved me!

As I was reading the precious words of David, this morning I could relate. Graciously God has given me threes sons ... The next generation. I can say with confident trust in my Lord, that because of His grace, I am so passionately driven to proclaim His goodness to them that willingly I have laid aside all dreams I once thought meant so much and would offer satisfaction to poor my life into this future generation that they will know the greatness of my God.

"My mouth will tell of Thy righteousness and of Thy salvation all day long; for I do not know the sum of them." psalm 71:15

We've been waiting on the Lord to sell our home for a few months now and just the other day our oldest said he was upset that it hasn't sold and asked why God hasn't sold it yet. By the grace of God, I was able to teach my son about God's timing and persistence in prayer and expectant hope in a God who NEVER fails. No matter the outcome our God does NOT fail!


Oh, that the Lord would grant His church favor a d strength by the power of His Spirit to teach the future generations of His goodness and grace! Let us model reverence for the God of all creation that our children would honor His great name!

No comments: