5.24.2011

His word endures forever!!!

Something has been so heavy on my heart lately....it is obvious that Christianity is attacked, that people have preconceived ideas of who Christians really are....even recently with the prediction of the end of the world...to some that gives them further fuel for their fire against Christianity. It's sad really.

This morning as I was reading through Romans 9, I was so encouraged by this:
"And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Issac, though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad -- in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of Him who calls, she was told,'the older will serve the younger.'" Romans 9:10-12

I kept thinking over and over again, praise be to God, this scripture is such a beautiful testimony of how from start to finish it is all about God, His will and His glory! I have in my life come across people who believe that they can lose their salvation. It's wrong. Biblicaly inaccurate and creates, if you will, some sort of twisted belief system that somehow salvation can be earned or maintained by human works or righteousness. This could not be farther from the truth.

This specific issue has been so heavy on my heart lately, because I failed...I feel like I failed the Lord in testifying to His truth, and I feel like I failed my friend because I did not reprove her wrong belief with the truth of Scripture. I had a friend tell me this was her belief, that she believed she could lose her salvation...and I stood there...saying nothing. I couldn't muster up any words, and I couldn't remember the exact scriptures..so rather than speaking against this wrong belief I just smiled awkwardly and finished the conversation. I've been such an idiot at times. That time was one of the biggest times, at least in my heart I felt that way. But just like God's grace covers me in light of eternity, He covers me with grace and forgiveness as I confessed this to Him. I kept praying, since that encounter, that the Lord would show me in His word another scripture...then today...sweet Romans!! "though they were not yet born and had done nothing, good or bad...."

We can't do anything. The good we do, we do through the power of the Spirit that dwells within us, we fool ourselves if we think otherwise. "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!!" 2 Cor. 9:15

I want to encourage you ladies...God is amazing, the pages of His word are alive. Lose yourself in His perfect word...you will be transformed!! God will revive you according to His word!

"Forever, O LORD, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens." Psalm 119:89

Rest in the firm foundation of God's word!!!

No comments: