6.06.2011

praising my Savior!!

Yesterday was June 5th. It was my only Aunt's birthday, a Sunday...and a pretty hot day here in the south. But to me it was a very special day. Sixteen years ago, the Lord drew me to Himself through the truth of the gospel, and after attending the Harvest Crusade at Anaheim Stadium, I went home, and in the quietness of my room, not knowing much other than what Jesus did on the Cross, for me...I asked Him to save me. Without even reading through Romans 10, I was crying out the words to Him. Confessing with my mouth, believing in my heart that Jesus was the Son of God, had been born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and died a death on the cross, that...I myself...a wretch, a sinner really deserved....a Savior Who defeated death, and was resurrected and now lives!!

I kept reminiscing about how amazing the Lord is. I think, oh the mistakes I've made....the idiot I have been. Then I keep resting in the confidence that there is NOTHING impossible for Him!! God has taken my life, my messed up self and transformed my messes for His glory. He has led me through things so that I am able to testify of His goodness and grace!! I'm not perfect...I just happen to know the Savior Who is!! I've learned in my sixteen years as His child, that I'm going to mess up....it's inevitable. My life isn't guaranteed to be easy...but I do know that when all is said and done, my life is in His hands. He can be trusted, He will be there for me, He loves me more than I understand or could ever fathom.

I don't have to have all the answers, I just have to live trusting that He is Who He says He is, and He will do what He says He will do.

Who is this God? The One who loves me unconditionally, saves my from not only sin and death, but from myself? This is the One and Only Living God. This is the true God..this is the Prince of Peace who wraps His loving arms around His children. Who thinks of us before we even know Him....

"For you formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14.

Do you know Him? Sweet friend, do you know my Jesus? This is the Jesus who died on that cross for you! This is the God of the universe... "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

This is the God who calls us, who woos us, who relentlessly pursues our hearts because of His great love..."The Lord preserves the simplehearted, when I was in great need, He saved me." Psalm 116:6

“But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:8-13


Dear friends, if you have not...run to Jesus!!! "Never will He leave you, nor will He forsake you!" Hebrews 13:5

No comments: