1.01.2012

No distinction

Happy New Year!!  I love a new year.  It's such a neat time of year.  People start thinking about things they want to change..my kids start thinking about their birthdays...honestly for me I am usually getting geared up to start my bible reading plan all over again. 

Last year I did something drastic for a type A+ like myself...I changed up my reading plan...from through the Bible in a year...to follow along with what my church was reading.  Sounds silly that it took me a while to adjust, but it did. Finishing it this December and looking back on all the Lord has taught me this year...I am so incredibly blessed by His word, His faithfulness and His grace.  His goodness is all around, and all over my family...I am so grateful.

So, I started praying a few weeks ago what Bible plan the Lord would have me read this year...I didn't just want to default back to what I read through the previous six years.  I want God's word to be alive and fresh to me each and every day.  I am so continually encouraged by friends on facebook posting Scripture in versions I don't normally read, or blogs that I follow that are rich in Scripture.

I'm so very excited, because what my husband and I are going to try and do together, is read through the New Testament in 90 days, (a plan I found on www.intothyword.org) and then alternate with 5 Psalms and a Proverb....every three months.  I am super SUPER excited about this!  First because I am reading through Scripture in a new and fresh way.  I love the NT.  Just love it....particularly the Pauline Epistles and the Gospels....but I also LOVE the Psalms..........it's just such an amazing combination, that I am just honestly not that creative to think of....but God's amazing grace always guides us. 

I started today in Matthew.  Rich in history and full of truth.  Today, I was so immensely blessed by the genealogy detailed in chapter 1.    I particularly loved in Matthew 1:16, "and Jacob the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called the Christ."   Mary married into Joseph's line.  She wasn't "born" into that family line.  I love how scripture shows us there is no distinction.  Family is family.  Married into, adopted into, born into.....no distinction.  The family God puts you in...that's your family....because ultimately God through Christ, adopts us into His family.  No distinction......in Romans 10:12, "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him."

One of our family goals is to give our children a strong family identity.  We strive to teach them that our family is much more than just one member.  That we've been put together for a purpose...to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ and to make Him known.   

This year, I'm looking forward to growing in Christ, with my spouse and my kids...and serving Him as a family.  I'm excited to be transformed by His word...and to watch His word transform the hearts and lives of those around me.

I'd like to lovingly challenge you to pick a bible reading plan and ask the Lord to give you the grace to stick with it.  It's not about checking it off, it's about intentionally being before your Savior daily in His word, to be transformed, to hear His voice, to worship Him, to make Him known by sharing His word.  You will richly be blessed by faithfully being in His word!!!  I think your heart will be blessed as you read and study just Who your Father is as you study His word!!!

No comments: