5.05.2012

I confess...I love to listen to my kids eat!

Tonight, it took my youngest a little extra time to finish his corn. So there we sat, just him and I as he finished. He's three and was seriously chowing down on the corn on the cob. It was so quiet I could hear every bite.

It may be weird. Okay..it is weird. But ever since my babies were born I have always been absolutely smitten with the sound of them eating. From the beginning, when they were nursing even until now, with my oldest at eight.

So in the silence as Eli enjoyed his corn...I began to wonder if the Lord enjoys hearing His children "eat."

And then ever so sweetly the Lord brought these to my heart:

Matthew 4:4 But he answered, "It is written, "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

and

"for the Lord takes pleasure in His people." Ps. 149:4

Can you just imagine the Lord as he takes pleasure in us as we feed on his word.

"Live" in Matthew 4:4 means: to enjoy real life, to have true life worthy of the name, active and blessed, endless in the kingdom of God.

To truly live and enjoy life we must feast on His word.

And sometimes the sounds, the praises offered to His name as his word penetrates and satiates the hunger of our souls, I believe, honors and blesses God and strengthens our spiritual health for His glory!!!

So go ahead, dear sister...feast on His word...take your time, be the last at the table....enjoy the feast! The depths of the Lord are unfathomable.

"For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish". Jeremiah 31:25

No comments: